How to find a Customer Sales Representative
When it comes to building relationships, a job where this skill is mostly needed is the customer sales representative. A customer sales representative has to understand people and be a people’s person. This sales rep must able be able to make existing customers repeat customers.
You can’t make repeat customers out of people who don’t believe in a brand. Thus, the sales rep must sell beyond the product, the benefits of the product and the brand must be part of the sales pitch.
Who is a Customer Sales Representative?
This is a sales rep who sells directly to customers. The sales rep works at expanding the reach of the brand to more prospects, works at converting them into customers, and ensures that they become repeat customers.
The job of a customer sales representative can be very demanding. Many times, these sales reps work under pressure as their job security may be dependent on meeting a sales quota.
The average customer sales representative earns about $60,000 before commissions and other compensations. Some earn way higher and it is dependent on the company and the product itself.
Duties of a Customer Sales Representative
- Researching prospects and getting on the field to meet them
- Reaching out to prospects through cold calls, cold mails, and the social media
- Pitching the benefits of the product to prospects
- Work with other team members within and outside the sales department in ensuring the completion of sales
- Providing complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
- Arranging subsequent meetings if more presentation is needed to complete the sale
- Performing cost-benefit analyses of existing and potential customers
- Maintaining positive business relationships too ensure future sales
How to Become a Customer Sales Representative
Gain Some Field Experience
If you are looking to pursue a career in this line, you should work as an intern or enroll in a sales program. This will give you some experience in sales. You can also work for some sales agency where you are paid only commissions. This may be short term, but you will learn a lot.
Find an Angle
You should decide the products you can sell conveniently. Your interest about a product can be the reason to go for a product. It could also be education. Whichever it is, ensure that you are specialized and know substantially enough about the technicality of an aspect.
Develop Needed Sales Skills
There are some essential sales skills that you need to be geared with. These skills are very important in turning prospects into converts and making them repeat customers. Develop yourself to acquire these skills through constant practice. These skills have proven to be classic as they never go out of relevance. Some of these skills are:
- A thorough understanding of the product
- Excellent communication skills
- Persistence and tenacity
- Ability to handle rejection
- Demonstration and presentation skills
- Ability to close sale at the perfect time
- Active listening skills and empathy
It could be like demanding but if you need to build relationship skills in sales, this is the job for you. The job also has lots of prospect as you can build a successful career and reputation in it.